As a MackinVIA Administrator, you can add Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) resources to your account. LTI is a type of integration that connects educational tools to other platforms. Please Note: In order to add LTI resources to MackinVIA, you must have an existing account with each resource provider.
To add an LTI resource from EduAppCenter, first log into your MackinVIA Administrator account (https://www.mackinvia.com/Admin) with your Mackin.com email address and password.
Go to Resources > Add New Resource (make sure to select the correct VIA if you have administrator rights to more than one account).
Select the Add LTI Resource from EduAppCenter button.
Search or browse for the resource in EduAppCenter.
Select the desired resource and click Add Resource.
Enter the consumer key and shared secret. Click the Save button when you are finished. Please Note: The LTI data is supplied by the resource providers. Please contact them directly if you need help retrieving this information.
Enter any additional pertinent information about the resource and click Save Changes.
Select these other tabs to provide more details about the resource:
- Additional Details – Co-authors, Series, Languages
- Index Terms – Subjects, Topics/Genres, Additional Keywords
- Classification – Fiction/Nonfiction, Categories, Groups
- LTI Information – Consumer Key, Shared Secret, Launch URL
- Reading Information – Interest Grade Level, Reading Grade Level, Lexile Code, Lexile Level, Fountas & Pinnell
- Quiz Information – Accelerated Reader Quiz Number, Reading Counts Quiz Number, Guided Reading
- Resource Image
- Related Links
The more information you enter, the easier it will be for your users to search for and discover the resource in MackinVIA.
When you are finished, locate and click the Inactive button. The button will change to Active, and the resource will now be available to your users.